Supervisor: Chief Commercial Officer
Job Summary: The Director of Customer Service will lead the customer service organization. The Director will develop the vision, strategy and tactics to achieve superior customer service in every interaction with Valencia Technologies. The Director will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders including sales, engineering, quality, marketing, physicians, staff, and patients.
Responsibilities/Tasks: Employee is tasked with:
- Develop and build a team of Customer Service professionals ensuring a relentless focus on the customer experience.
- Hire, develop, and retain top talent, continuously evolving the team to enrich the average experience level and continuously create capacity to “do more”.
- Create a data-driven culture of ownership for the experience of both external and internal customers.
- Direct resource allocation, including budget and staff.
- Develop and manage consignment and trunk stock reconciliations for US sales team.
- Support requests from sales for new customer agreements, price discounts, revisions to consignment inventories, and changes to contract terms/conditions.
- Work closely with other Supply Chain functions to maintain visibility to inventory levels and production schedules, determining priorities when inventory issues arise.
- Establish metrics, systems, and processes to measure customer experience. Identify and develop improvement programs.
- Evaluate opportunities to improve function performance (cost and other) of automated customer service systems and interfaces (e.g., GHX, electronic delivery notifications).
- Identify and drive opportunities to assist sales and sales leadership to spend more time focused on the sales process.
- Develop reporting and data analysis strategies to provide the appropriate insight into
product usage, service needs and process improvement; collaborating with internal business partners to ensure their information requirements are met
- Prepare annual budgets and operating plans
- Minimum of five years of Manager or Director Level experience.
- Eight plus (8+) years of experience in Sales Support and/or Customer Service.
- Preference in medical device space.
- Proven and successful leadership, team facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of order entry procedures and sales reporting.
- Ability to resolve customer service challenges via phone support to customers, distributors, and sales staff. Ability to employ professionalism, patience and self-control in handling Customer complaints
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ERP software.
- Excellent organizational and project coordination ability with acute attention to detail is essential.